*For the broth
– Sturgeon head and spines
– Leek 1 pc.
– Garlic 4 cloves
– Carrot 2 pc.
– Parsley 1 bunch
– Salt and pepper at option
*For the frying
– Garlic 2 pc.
– Onion 1 pc.
– Carrot 1 pc.
– Celery 1/4 of the twig
– Tomatoes 4 pc.
– Bacon or Spanish jamon 4 slices
– Soya sauce 2 table spoons
– Smoked dry paprika 1 tea spoon
A couple of words about spelt:
You can see it different on sale. If you have time, it is better to buy it row. However, you have to soak it for a night. It is more comfortable to buy semi-product. You will cook it for 8-10 minutes.
To provide earthy broth taste, vegetables and sturgeon spines can be fried or baked in the oven before pouring it with water.
Cook the broth for 40 minutes after it has boiled, filter it and let it boil 30 minutes more to strengthen the taste.
Cut all the ingredients in small cubes and fry them in the following order:
– First the garlic and onion 10-15 minutes
– Then we add the ham, carrot, and celery. Fry it 10 minutes
– Add tomatoes, let it stew gently for 30-40 minutes, and do not forget to stir it.
Last, we add soya sauce and paprika.
Let it cook 3 minutes more. The frying for the soup is ready.
Decorticate the sturgeon fillet. Cut in small cubes. (It is also possible to add a smoked sturgeon to the soup. It is very tasty!).
Add our frying, spelt to a small pot and pour broth (the amount of broth will depend from the soup density you choose).
Let it boil 20 minutes. Add sturgeon 5 minutes before readiness.